Saturday, November 18, 2017

Well the Miracles Keep Coming

Hello one and all,

Every week I feel a little repetitive but it was just another outstanding and miraculous week here in Palma. This was possible the most miraculous week that I have seen on my mission. We have found some of the most prepared people I have ever met and we have been able to help them come closer to Jesus Christ. Elder Bradshaw and I are so excited to be staying together. We thought it was possible the one of us was leaving and we are so excited to be staying together. We have great things planned for the zone and great things planned for the congregation out here in Palma.

First of all, I would like to inform you of one of the nicest and most humble men I have met here in Spain. His name is Sebastian and he speaks little Spanish and English. He understands both English and Spanish perfectly. The missionaries from Menorca found him one day when they were in Palma and gave us his number and we called him and set up a day to meet. We met and went to the church and taught him a lesson. He was so nice and expressed pure desires to come to know Jesus more. Then we invited him to be baptized and he said yes and that he would love to do that! We invited him to church and a baptism. Saturday morning we called him and he said he could not come to the baptism so we were a little bummed. But then 20 minutes before the baptism he showed up in church clothes and was ready to watch the baptism! He loved it and we had a wonderful experience after the baptism of a woman from Inca. Elder Bradshaw and I showed him the baptismal font with the water still in it and had a very spiritual moment there. He said that he had not felt that kind of peace in a long time. That moved us a lot. Then he came to church the next day 15 minutes early (earlier than all the members) and loved all 3 hours. Then we gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he was going to read it 30 minutes every day. He is so amazing but most importantly he is so humble. He has the purest desires of anyone I’ve met to learn more about Jesus and God. We have seen a couple more miracles from other people and Juan Carlos the miracle from last week keeps progressing and moving towards his baptism. We found these people from Holland. One’s name is Abraham and he has pure desires to follow Jesus Christ as well. He told us that he wants his future family to grow up in this church after the first lesson so that was amazing as well! 

Elder Bradshaw is a great companion. He has a way of accepting people’s ideas that is astounding. He is so humble and always takes what I say into consideration and takes what everyone says into consideration. He isn’t a powerful emissary of the Lord Jesus Christ and I am proud to be his companion. 

Elder Bradshaw had me laughing really hard yesterday and I accidentally broke the screen of my iPad. It still works and everything but it’s a little annoying. It was a pretty big fail haha. But all is well in Israel.

I personally am doing really well. I am applying the Atonement of Jesus Christ a lot in my life right now and I am trying to help myself always improve. I loved the teaching of the assistants in the last zone conference about complacency. I loved the thought about us needing to improve even when things are going well. We can still grow when everything is going well. We don’t have to be going through a hard time for us to learn something from the Lord. He wants to teach us always. 

Astounded by the miraculous Palma,
Elder Bristol


Enviado desde mi iPad




No comments:

Post a Comment