Saturday, November 18, 2017

1 Year in the Field

Hello to all! Today marks one year of being in the mission field! I
have truly been preaching the Gospel for a full year! I am excited to
see what this next year has in store for me!

This week we had zone conference and interviews. It was a great zone
conference and a great set of interviews. I am very thankful for the
leadership and the great role models that Presidente Hermana Dayton
are to us in the mission but more importantly in this zone! The zone
conference was exactly what this zone needed. The zone has been
struggling a little lately with a lot of new missionaries and we have
been a little concerned but this was such a great conference and we
are so excited to see how it helps the zone out.

Here in Palma we have had a weird week. Elder Bradshaw got really sick
and fainted in the street while I was on an intercambio in Menorca on
Friday. I got back Saturday morning and we had to stay in all day
Saturday. We did a lot of calls and had a lot of good things we did
but it was weird having to stay inside all day. Then on Sunday he
still felt really sick and we stayed in until 6pm just in time to
catch the Sunday morning session of General Conference. It was really
good. The miracle was that 10 minutes before church started on Sunday
one of our friends called us. His name is Lorenzo and he called us
wanting to come to church. We quickly got a ride from a member of the
congregation and went and picked up our friend Lorenzo. He loved
church and stayed after for 40 solid minutes talking to members and
other missionaries. It was so great. Although we weren't able to go to
the streets as much as we wanted this last week, we were blessed with
a miracle with Lorenzo. We were able to see how happy he was at church
and it was wonderful!

Today for preparation day we had a good day! We went on an amazing
hike! It was beautiful and we found some great caves and beautiful
views!

My companion Elder Bradshaw is a superstar. There is no other word to
describe it. He basically willed himself out of bed on Sunday and put
on a great face so that he could go to church. It was really wonderful
and I was super happy for the opportunity we had to go and see the
miracle with Lorenzo. But Elder Bradshaw is a wonderful leader.
Everyone admires him and he knows how to lead. He also knows how to
share responsabilities which is wonderful.

I am doing fantastic. I am happy. I am happier right now than I have
been in my mission! I truly am able to be myself and I love the
responsabilities that have been put upon me here in Las Islas
Baleares. I am truly trying to focus more on others and less on
myself. I want to apply more fully the teachings of "How to Win
Friends and Influence People" and make people feel important.

Eager to help Las Islas Baleares,
Elder Bristol

Enviado desde mi iPad








No comments:

Post a Comment