Saturday, November 18, 2017

One for the Dutch

The Dutch master Abraham is our best friend now. We went gokarting with him today and he is amazing. He wants to be a professional formula 1 driver. So he goes there every day to practice racing. He is a funny man and an amazing man.

Well life could not be better over here on the islands. I’m loving my time here. I love my companion. I love our friends that we are teaching. I love the members here. I love everything about the islands. I never want to leave. It’s an amazing amazing experience. Our friend named Abraham has progressed a ton this week and will be getting baptized this Saturday at 7! 

That leads me straight into the miracle from the week. Abraham was fasting last Monday to receive an answer on whether he should be baptized or not and we were really excited for him. He fasted for 38 hours and received an answer!! He received a yes! He is amazing! He came to the baptism of Elena this weekend in a full suit and was so excited for Elena. It was an amazing experience for him. He invited his friend Hisham who is also from Holland but is a Muslim to the baptism and to church. Hisham came to both and shows a lot of promise. Abraham will be getting baptized on Saturday at 7. Elder Bradshaw will be baptizing him and I will be giving him the Holy Ghost. Abraham is 23 and comes from a very wealthy family. He is talking about flying his whole family out from Holland to see his baptism this weekend. I am not lying to you when I say that he is the most converted man I have ever met. He loves Christ and wants to model his life after him. He told us today that no matter how he feels, when he is around us he always feels better. He is our brother in Christ and we will be eternal friends.

Elder Bradshaw will also be an eternal friend of mine. I love him so much. He teaches in a very clear and concise manner and allows for the Spirit to be present. He is a great leader and a great companion. He is a spiritual powerhouse. One thing I noticed is that he is dedicated to making our companionship as strong as possible. In every moment possible he looks to help our friendship and brotherhood and is always looking to serve. We also just have a lot of fun together.

Our area is going strong. We have another man named Miguel who will be getting baptized in a couple of weeks. We are excited for him as well. We have a couple more people with baptismal dates for the near future and things are going well. Abraham is our biggest help right now though. He is just giving us references like crazy. I love the work here.

I am personally trying to strengthen my relationship with the Lord. Every night I am making a big focus on my nightly prayers. I am taking them slower and making sure I go through the entire day so that I thank Him for everything He gave me. I love the mission. I never want to leave the Islands and I never want to leave El Faro. 

Baleares 2020,
Elder Bristol


Enviado desde mi iPad






No comments:

Post a Comment