Saturday, November 18, 2017

Paradise

Hello everyone!

Here I am still in paradise. The weather is beautiful and the city is
even prettier and the island is even prettier than the city! Today for
preparation day we went to a little town called Petra and it was
beautiful and we ran from the top of this mountain to the train
station to be able to make it back home in time! But it was a great
sweat filled preparation day!

Everything is going super well here in Palma! The islands are on the
upswing and it looks like many of the companionships are catching the
baptism fire. We are a little worried about the Ibiza district just
because they are not seeing a ton of results right now from their hard
work. So we are looking to just keep their spirits high and keep their
energy up this week so that things can start really going their way.

But goodness gracious have we had a great week! We had a wonderful
week packed full of miracles. I stayed in the area two times while
Elder Bradshaw went on intercambios. I was quite nervous because I
only had about 5 days worth of knowledge of the area when he left but
it went well. We were able to find many prepared people while he was
away. Then when he got back we had a lot of the second visits in the
people's houses and it was really good. The biggest miracle was this
woman from the Guinnea Ecuatorial named Carmen. I was with Elder Smith
from Inca and we were knocking on some doors looking for a different
woman named Carmen. But this Carmen opened the door and told us to
come straight in. We taught her for 10 minutes then set up a visit for
a couple of days in advance and then Elder Bradshaw and I taught her.
It was a great lesson. The Spirit was there and she was so attentive
to what we were teaching her. We asked her if she wanted to follow
Jesus Christ and be baptized and she said yes she did! We told her
that we were going to have a baptismal service in a couple of weeks
and she said she would love to be baptized then! She just said that we
have to keep coming by to help her get ready for it! It was a great
lesson and we are excited to see her progression.

Elder Bradshaw is amazing! He is such a good teacher. The best thing
that I've seen from him this week is his teaching skills. He is truly
skilled and knows how to teach with a companion! We teach and testify
in short segments of 1 or 2 minutes each and the teachings are the
most powerful ones I've had on the mission so far. He is a skilled
missionary.

I personally am doing really well. I am adjusting well to the life
here in Palma. I was first a little overwhelmed with so many new
missionaries in the zone and so much work to do in our area but I am
adjusting nicely and I love it here! I am excited to get the baptismal
fire set in each of the missionaries here! I especially love the
intercambios with the new missionaries because they are all so ready
to learn and grow.

But here I am in Palma and I love it.

Loving the mission,
Elder Bristol

Enviado desde mi iPad




No comments:

Post a Comment