Saturday, November 18, 2017

Baptism

BAPTISM!

What a great week we just had! Elder Molina and I just keep being
blessed with the opportunity to see people come closer to Jesus
Christ. I love Zaragoza and I love being able to work with Elder
Molina! I am learning a ton of Spanish from him and he is full of
faith. It's energizing to work side by side with him.

This week had a nice topping of the baptism and confirmation of our
friend Alfonsi. He was found two months ago by a different missionary
and in the beginning of the teaching process he was very tough. He
questioned every little point and wanted an explanation for every
single thing. I got here and the first day we had a visit with Alfonsi
and we set a date for his baptism as the 26th of August. He kept
questioning everything but by that date he was ready and went down!
The best thing to me was on the way home from receiving the Holy Ghost
we were in the bus with a friend that came to church for the first
time. She sat with us and Alfonsi and she asked him how he came to
know that this was all true. He bore to her a heartfelt testimony. He
started at the beginning of everything and told her that he knew
because of the feelings in his heart. And then he showed us that he
had complete understanding by explaining to her multiple lessons in
the exact way we did it to him. I was blown away. It was the best
thing I could have ever seen. I was blown away by his understanding
and the strength of the testimony he bore to us! I love baptism. It is
the best thing about being here in Barcelona Spain. I am here to help
people come to Christ through baptism and I love it!

Elder Molina is amazing! He expects miracles. Every day he expects to
see a miracle. One day this week we did not see a huge miracle and he
got a little upset because he was used to seeing so many miracles. He
has so much faith and knows that God always answers our prayers! He is
so great.

As for me personally, I am so happy. I love baptism. Seeing Alfonsi
take this big step reignited a big fire inside of me. The baptism fire
is back!

I love the work.

With a newly reignited fire for baptism,
Elder Bristol

Enviado desde mi iPad





No comments:

Post a Comment