Saturday, November 18, 2017

Juan Carlos

Well God is great!

Everything is going really well here in Palma. We have met the future for the church here and is name isn’t Juan Carlos and he is a miraculous man. The zone is working hard and we are seeing an upswing in energy and excitement for missionary work. Elder Bradshaw continues to amaze me with his talent and love for the Lord’s work and the Lord’s people.

Our miracle from this week is most definitely a man name Juan Carlos. He is from Spain and he isn’t in his upper thirties. The hermanas actually found him on the street on Friday and they invited him to a church activity that same day. He said he would come and came and then they gave him our number and gave us his number because they found out that he lives in our area. He then said that he would come to church Sunday and actually came! He stayed all three hours and absolutely loved it. He said that he was in aggreeance with everything that was going on there. Then we asked if he could meet Sunday night and he said yes and he came and we had a wonderful lesson. We taught him about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he loved it and said that is made complete sense. He said that he was really disullisioned with the Catholic Church and that he felt good while he was with us and he felt the Spirit when he was in church with us. We talked a lot about baptism and invited him to be baptized and he said he would love to! We gave him a Book of Mormon and told him to read it because it would bring him more happiness and clarity to his life and he accepted it and said that he would have the entire book read in under a month. This is a man that works 8 hours a day and studies 3 other hours everyday during the week! He is very intelligent and is truly the most prepared man I have ever met in my entire life. We are so grateful to the Lord to be able to witness this mans conversion! 

Elder Bradshaw is a great companion. He handles adversity and obstacles better than almost anyone I’ve ever met. There have been some obstacles this week and he handled them like a complete professional. I love Elder Bradshaw and I am learning a ton from him and his poise and composure in tough situations.

I am absolutely in love with Palma. I love the role the Lord has allowed me to play here so far. I love the members and I love the missionaries in the Baleáric Islands Zone. I am so happy and I’m excited to see more miracles this week! 
This man Juan Carlos is super funny as well. He has a super dry humor and we get along really well. He made some funny jokes about how he loves water and he loves to swim so heck yeah he’d love to be baptized and things like that. He is a funny man. 
I have started to do box drills as well for morning exercises and I am loving them hahaha. It takes me back to high school baseball workouts and I am loving it. I also found out I am Gluten Intolerant this week. I have been off gluten for like 2 months and then I ate it yesterday and got super tired and did not feel great! So that’s fun! 

Thank you for everything,
Elder Bristol.


No comments:

Post a Comment