Saturday, November 18, 2017

Baleares 2020

You will understand the subject in just a short while...We just keep seeing the hand of the Lord in our lives here in Palma! The Lord is blessing the people here and we are truly priveledged to be here witnessing the Lord’s outpouring here. Sebastian is our new best friend. He is the man we found last week and we taught him multiple times and called him all the other days to see how he was doing and he isn’t doing super well. The zone had an amazing week. The new faces here are truly going to help our zone out a lot. We are super excited to be here! 

The miracle we saw this week was when we were teaching Sebastian! We taught him a lot this week. We called him really late one night and he came and met up with us to have a lesson right before we had to go home one night. He came to church again 15 minutes early, beating many of the members again. But the true miracle was when we were teaching him about the things we should stay away from. We told him that we should not drink alcohol, smoke, or drink things that could be addictive and he had a problem with smoking and drinking coffee. He said that he drinks coffee four times a day and that he smokes 20 cigarettes a day. We taught him that God does not want him to smoke and he said that he would quit right then! He then went and quit! We then asked him if he would like to get baptized sooner than we had planned and he said he would love to! He will be baptized on the 4th of November! We are so excited for him! 

Elder Bradshaw is amazingly. His biggest strength is that he can talk about any subject. He knows just enough about everything to be able to talk about a subject with someone and make them feel important. I’m working a lot on trying to make others feel important lately and watching him is helping me a lot. But we are getting along really well. He is truly a brother in Christ and we are loving our time together. 

We met with the District President (the man from the church who is in charge of all the churches on the Balearic Islands) this week, Presidente Barraza. We talked about the goal of the islands to become a stake (a word to describe a lot of large congregations. Right now we are a district which is a group of small congregations) by the end of 2020. We loved that goal and we have decided to make that part of the zone culture and part of the zone vision as missionaries. We want all the missionaries to buy into the idea and we want everyone to get excited to be the missionaries that started the push for “Baleares 2020”. We are going to do this by focusing really hard on fechas as a zone and making sure that every companionship always has 3 fechas. It is our focus and our vision. 

I am doing really well. As I said I am working hard to make others feel important. Other people want to feel important and they need to feel important. So in everything I am doing, with other missionaries or members of the church or our friends that we are teaching, I am going to be making a bigger emphasis on them. I want them to feel the love of the Lord. I love the Lord.i am also working on pushing myself even harder in studies so that I can be a purified vessel for the Lord. 


Elder Bradshaw and I are really getting along. In my apartment I love all the elders as well. It is the best one I’ve had so far and I’m always myself which is super great. Elder Bradshaw and I bought matching bucket hats today! 

I love the Lord and love His work.

Baleares 2020,
Elder Bristol


Enviado desde mi iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment