Monday, October 10, 2016

Badalona

Peace up from BADalona!!!
Wassup my friends and family!? I'm here in the mission field finally!
It great I got here Tuesday and got right down to work haha! I got my
companion and his name is Elder Mcnutt and he is from San Francisco!
He is a great man and super funny! We are already getting along really
well! How are you all doing?! How is Georgia Tech doing lol
But yeah I am here in Badalona. This place is nothing but a ton of
hills! I'm gonna walk out of this town with some rock hard calves lol.
But this town Badalona is great! it's great cause we actually have an opportunity to really change
some lives! I'm so excited! Badalona is basically the ghetto of
Barcelona so that is also really fun. Don't get me wrong though the
ghetto of Barcelona is still super nice haha but yes Badalona is
great!
My Spanish is coming along little by little haha. My companion is
really nice about it though. He has been put on his mission for a year
and he has a really good grasp on Spanish. So he does a lot of the
conversing until we start teaching lessons right now because most of
the words I know have to do with the Gospel haha. But yeah he
compliments it a lot which helps my confidence. Saturday was a tough
day for me. I was struggling with wanting to be fluent in Spanish
right now! But then yesterday I took a step back and was reminded that
this is the Lords work and the Lords mission so that really helped me
out.
We have a man who is scheduled to get baptized soon. My companion
found this man in A few weeks ago. He has made an absolute turn he has made
in his life. He committed to us that he wants to and is going to give
up smoking and be baptized! This is what I learned this week. I truly
learned how the Gospel of Jesus Christ can change people's lives.
Knowing that God exists and He sent His son Jesus Christ to live and
die for us does change lives! I know Jesus Christ lives! I know that
he loves all of us!
I love all of you! Thanks to all y'all for your love!
Peace out all!
Elder Bristol



No comments:

Post a Comment