Monday, October 31, 2016

Hilly Badalona

Hey everyone!

Badalona is still full of hills of anyone was wondering. Literally it
is one of the hilliest places that I have ever been in my life! The
hills are absolutely huge and steep too! But we are doing well right
now! Elder McNutt and us are really killing it here in Badalona!

This 22 year old lady named Daisy decided to get baptized with us and
she said November 5th is when she wants to be baptized so we are super
excited about that! She has a ton of support and she is so excited.
Well actually better said she has a lot of support from friends. Her
father and mother are both devout Catholics and they aren't super
excited about the change but she is super excited and so prepared to
be baptized! Our other investigator who has a baptismal date for this
weekend is also doing well! He is having a little struggle with
smoking so we are going today to his apartment to help him out and
give him some extra encouragement. But he is doing well and we are
super excited for him!

We are having so much fun though! Elder McNutt and I really get along.
He is super funny but most of all he is a work horse! That's perfect
for me! I love to work hard and for my first companion to be such a
hard worker is really good for me! But we get along really well and we
are becoming really good friends.

The Spanish is really coming along. This week was a great week for it.
I saw a lot of improvement this week in it. Yesterday I knew basically
all of what everyone was talking about in all of our lessons and
conversations! It definitely is a gift of tongues that I am even able
to to this! We have met many Chinese people on the streets who speak
worse Spanish than I do and have been in Spain for 5 or more years!
It's a gift from God that kids 18-20 years old have the ability to
learn a new language fully in 6 months!

This week was great though. What I really learned throughout the week
is that God truly does love all of his children! He knows us all
individually. He even knows us by name. He loves us so much. He loves
us so much that He sent His own Son, Jesus Christ to suffer for each
one of us. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know if we ask for
anything in prayer we will get an answer from God. I know Jesus
suffered for more than just our sins. He suffered for our infirmities
and for our sadness and for our injuries. Christ lives. I love y'all
so much! Keep doing such great things in Georgia! Peace out y'all

Elder Bristol






No comments:

Post a Comment