Monday, August 14, 2017

Goodbye Tortosa, Hello Zaragoza

Words cannot describe how thankful I am to have been called to serve
in Tortosa. It was small and it was very different from my beginnings
in Badalona but I grew to truly love it. I am leaving Tortosa a better
man than when I entered. I am leaving a changed man. I entered here
and looking back I feel like I was pretty immature as a missionary.
But I have been humbled a lot here in Tortosa and I am forever
thankful for the opportunity I've had to work there. I have learned a
lot from my companions Elder Riggs and Elder Cushing and I have a firm
testimony that God truly does direct this work. They were the
missionaries I needed and this was the area I needed. I love Tortosa.

I am going to Zaragoza! My new companion is Elder Molina and he is
from Colombia! He has already graduated from medical school and he is
amazing! He was baptized just a short while ago and I am so excited to
be with him! Also I am excited to be in the big city again! I love the
small towns but the big cities are great!

We had an incredible last week of the transfer here in Tortosa. We
kept teaching the family that I told you about last week. This is the
family where the girl just moved here from Homduras who is a member.
Well we were invited over to eat with them and then we taught them a
lesson afterwards. After sharing the lesson and bearing thoughtful
testimony, the mom turned to us and said that she felt something. She
told us that she can feel that this church has got a future and that
it is truly the church of Christ. She expressed to us about how happy
she was and she was excited to keep moving forward. Well, us as
servants of the Lord, could not help but invite her to come closer to
Christ through baptism. She answered with an enthusiastic yes and so
did the rest of the family. A family of 3! It was a wonderful moment,
one I am sure I will never forget.

Elder Riggs is amazing. He has helped me to keep moving forward for
every moment of these past six weeks. I am so grateful for the
opportunity I have had to learn from him. He is constantly doing
something. If we are walking on the street he is memorizing
scriptures. If we are at home he is study scripture. He is amazing!

I am so excited to go be with Elder Molina in Zaragoza. I know he is
going to be such a great help to me and that we are going to see much
success together. It is going to be really fun. I love the mission and
I love my Savior Jesus Christ.

Con animo,

Elder Bristol











No comments:

Post a Comment