Monday, August 14, 2017

GIft of Tongues (sign edition)

Hello to all!

What a miracle packed week. We had a great time finding new people to
teach and teaching our friends that we already have. Elder Molina
continues to impress me. He works as hard as I could hope him to and
loves the work. We are getting along really well and I am truly
learning a lot more about the Spanish language so I am very excited
for this transfer we have here!

As I said, it was a miraculous week here in Zaragoza. Last week I
talked about our friends Melvin and Leo. Well we have another
miraculous person to add in there. His name is Julio, he is the 12
year old brother of Leo, and he is deaf. We always knew that he
existed and that he was in the house but we never knew how to invite
him to learn with us about Jesus Christ. But this week we were picking
up Leo to go play soccer with other people from church and Leo asked
if his brother could come. We said of course and went to play soccer.
The family has invented their own sign language with him so we just
had to learn some signals from Leo and we started having fun and
communicating with the brother. We had a great time and even taught
him about Jesus Christ and about baptism and Julio loved the video of
Jesus Christ baptizing himself. Then we invited them to church on
Sunday. It was the first time they were going to come. And they came!
Leo told us that Julio woke him up to go to church! They came to
church and at church every single young man and woman shared a short
testimony in the first meeting. It was amazing for Leo. Then
afterwards all of the young people in the church were so great. They
all tried to sign to Julio and talked to Leo. They stayed in church
for all 3 hours and did not get on their phone one time. Julio sat
there, not understanding any, so reverent and respectful and it was
amazing. Elder Molina is amazing. He has such a strong bond with
Julio. I would venture to say that he is Julio's best friend here in
Spain. It was so great. After church Leo asked us if he could come out
and visit and teach people with us if he wanted! He wants to be a
missionary as well! What a miraculous week.

Elder Molina is amazing. He has such great people skills and knows how
to do missionary work. He is also very humble. Just yesterday we were
trying to figure what to teach a family and he told me that he trusted
me and he would just follow my lead. It was a true show of respect and
love. We are getting along really well and have many jokes between us.
This is a powerful team here in Zaragoza!

I am doing really well. I have found that in these two weeks here in
Zaragoza I have been praying more for other people than ever before in
my life and it has truly made me a happier person. I have rarely
prayed for myself but I know that my God is there for me and that my
Father has lifted me up and is just carrying me! I love the mission!

This week Elder Molina and I have started dancing a really subtle
dance every time we here rap on someone's speakers and it's really
fun. Also it's super hot here in Zaragoza. I've taken three showers
today haha.

With a new vigor to learn how to communicate with the deaf,
Elder Bristol


No comments:

Post a Comment