Saturday, September 17, 2016

Week 3

Hola amigos!!!!!

How is it going back there in the States (and some of yall in Chile and Argentina)!!!!!!! I am having a great time here in the MTC! Spain is super cool! It was in the 100s for the past three weeks and then yesterday fall hit all at once hahahaha. The high today is 68 degrees which is ridiculous!!!! Three days ago the high was 100!!! Madrid is so cool though!!! But being here in Madrid just gets me more and more pumped for Barcelona!!! I am super excited to get there!!! I am over halfway through the MTC right now which is really cool and it is really starting to fly by!!! I can´t believe that in less about 20 days I am going to be out there in the field talking to real people in Spanish hahahaha!!!

My Spanish really is coming along! That doesnt mean email me in Spanish yet because I will not understand it probable hahahaha but I can hold my own in a conversation for the most part which is a really cool feeling!! Seeing as how I knew little to know Spanish coming in here to now knowing how to conjugate any verb into anything (except subjunctive haha) is pretty exciting!! I know it isnt me that is really hewlping me learn tho!! I know that is it only through Jesus Christ that I am able to be learning so quickly! Only after I turned to the Lord two weeks ago has my Spanish really improved!! Two weeks ago I was very frustrated and down and then this one missionary from Portugal gave a very powerful testimony! He said how in Europe not meny people know about the Gospel and how we have a super important role as missionaries in Europe because we get to bring the knowledge of the happiness that the Gospel brings to these people and we get to do it for the first time!!! That honestly turned my entire MTC experience around!! I am super thankful for his testimony!

We still go to the Park every Saturday and it is super hard to do every week hahaha!! We ride the Metro and try to contact there and it is super tough and then we contact at the park for 2 hours and then we sing in the middle of the park for 30 minutes which is really fun!!! This mission is so worth it!!

Somthing great I learned in the gospel this week is in Luke! When Christ is hanging on the Cross, suffering for all the sins of the people and suffering for all of humanity one of the thieves turns to Him and asks Him to save them! If I were Christ at that time and had just gone through all that suffering and this one stupid guy asks such a meaningless question in the grand scheme of humanity I would have been very selfish! But Christ does not do that!! Like he always does he turns outward and says to the thief to not worry because he is already saved!! This is such a great reminder to all of us!! Jesus Christ will answer all of our prayers! All we have to do is ask Him!! The Lord wants to help us out!! We just have to do our part to ask!

I love all yall!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Peace!!

Elder Bristol






No comments:

Post a Comment